Amelia Otherwhere and Other Such Nonsense







But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.
Galatians 5:18



16 January 2009

STUCK, Stuck, stuck!


I am stuck. Stuck, stuck, stuck. I am sitting in the Auto Care Express waiting for new brakes to be put on my car. I am stuck on a hard chair. Every 30 seconds or so I have to move from one cheek to the other so my leg doesn't hurt and my toes don't go numb. I am stuck here since I waited so long to have my car looked at. Not too smart says the voice in my head. Not too wise if you don't want to end up dead. My car, my faithful grandma car has been squeaking, squeaking, squeaking - worse than any angry mouse. Still I put off the inevitable until it became absolutely necessary to have it looked at. What made me come in now? Well, it was squeaking so loudly that people from other cars would look at me in awe and wonder. I don't think it was a good sort of awe and wonder. More like - "What the heck is wrong with your car, Lady?!" I don't like to be noticed - unless of course it's because I did something remarkable and wonderful or because I am drop-dead gorgeous (doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose to have others drop dead?). So this morning I brought it in thinking I was going to quickly drop it off, get a ride back to work and spend the day in the land of wedding scheduling. Alas no, I was told to wait while they checked out my faithful grandma car. It's the brakes. They're down to 5%. It would be bad to have them go out and run into one the fancy Porsche's or BMW's that inhabit Newport Beach. I don't think they would look at me in awe and wonder. They would probably want to crack me on the head with a stick. That would be bad - very bad. So I am stuck, stuck, stuck, waiting for new brake pads to be put on. And I sit here stressing a bit that I am supposed to be at work but I am not and what will happen - will the place fall apart without me? Will brides go postal because I can't help them schedule their special day? Oh, stuck, stuck, stuck.

I am deliciously stuck, stuck, stuck - now with the time to blog, blog, blog... (PS - if you type a word enough times, it starts looking very wrong!)

No comments:

Post a Comment